BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 11, 2010

So I'm a little down

This post is more for myself, so I can get a few things off my chest.
I, as a mother, has decided to put Capri on a schedule. It is hard! In fact, I often doubt myself and even question my choice in doing so because it is so much WORK!!! Often, I go to others for advice, being Capri as my first child, I want to make sure that I am doing the best that I can. I know that each child is different and that what works for one may not work for the other. So I am on a mission to find out what works best for my little one! There is that someone that I, and as many others may know through their own experiences, go to the most! The one that you are the closest to. The one you know that will give you an answer because she has gone through the same things. The one that you feel most comfortable talking with. But, because I am not doing what she did, I feel a little frustration there and it brakes my heart! Frustration on my end because I want someone to help me and to tell me what I should try and what I should not do. And I want support in the decisions that I make. I feel frustration on her end because I am not doing what she did, so she can't relate to me in that way to help.
Now, I feel like I am on my own. Which I guess it is time for me to step up to the plate. Its time to stop asking for advice from everyone around me, and just do what I feel is the best for Capri. I just feel like the more I open my mouth about what I'm doing with Capri, the more I'm getting judged...by everyone! I am just down and in need of a great deal of encouragement.

2 comments:

joy said...

i hope that you don't feel judged by me ever!! i remember that that was one of the hardest things about being a new mom..and still is -even though i am not a 'new' i still feel like i am. my advice is always tainted with what i know (which is limited!) hope that i can always be supportive

joy said...

oh and you are doing GREAT i mean GREAT! you want and eagerly strive for what is best for your baby girl. i almost called you when i read this but realized it was too late (plus who doesnt like to see more than one comment under a post?:)
scheduling sucks. its great once its 'there', but its really NEVER there b/c something is always happening, trips, holidays, sundays, teething, growth spurts, teething, o & did i mention teething? hahah then they get a cold or you eat something weird (if u r nursing) etc.... but hang in there even while DOn is on weird shift. these day will fly and she will be wakling talking and sleeping like a big girl and she will never remember you as sleepy, grouchy, and worriesome..she will know you as collected, organized and most of all caring!
your love for her is the first taste she gets of christ love for her displayed on teh cross as you sacrifice and weep over her!