BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Babies

I know that some of you, Joy, are waiting on me to post something new. Well, what can I say, I don't really have anything to say, my life is pretty boring. Lets see...we'll start on Halloween; Don and I went to Birchwood to spend a little time with my family since I feel like I never get to see them now that we live in Athens. My brother and his girlfriend just had a baby on September 30th, Avery Kohl Delashmitt. He was dressed up as a "little monster" so cute! It's pretty funny how you can go from being totally terrified of having a baby one minute, and then as your holding this little person in your arms you think, "Gosh, this isn't so bad. How sweet." Well at least that's what I thought until he started crying and then me hearing all the stories about how he has not been sleeping well, and how everyone is so tired because they've been up half the night trying to get this baby to go back to sleep. Then I think, "Man, I am so not ready." This is my mental struggle, back and forth from absolute terror to...awww, not so bad....then back again. Should Don and I just say, "Whatever happens...happens," or is even saying that stating that we are somewhat ready? I'm too anal to just let things go like that. These are HUGE, important decisions on the line here. All I know is that Avery is one cute baby, and I'm so glad that he's my brothers and not mine.

1 comments:

joy said...

woo hoo -a post at last!!!! yes, babies are wonderful. its the first several months that are difficult. But think of it--in the big scheme of how long a child lives are a few months really so bad??? i have to tell myself that all the time.. And i do so enjoy being a mommy. its one of my lifelong dreams. i must admit, its also teh hardest thing i've done so far with my life though, but it is a beautiful outpouring of God's goodness on a daily basis!
p.s. the bread is D-lisous!!