BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My School

Clearwater Baptist Church, here in Athens, offers something for pre-schoolers called "My School". For 9 months - 3 years is basically a mothers day out program. Due to things going on in our lives, Don and I have thought about putting little miss into a program like this. That way I can get some work done with my graphic design job and then also get some work done around the house and not have to overload anyone in the family. We came across My School because we attend church at Clearwater. This program is twice a week, Monday and Wednesday, from 9am to 2pm, which gives me five hours to get some work done. :) And today was Capri's first day at school! This morning we got up bright and early, had our morning bottle, breakfast and then out the door we went at 8:30am. I truely feel Capri will have a great time playing with all the kids and will also give her some time outside of our "home". I really don't want her to get too attached to me and not be able to go with other people. So I'm hoping this program with help her with that.
Today, I did not have to get any work done, so it's been pretty empty here at the house. :( It's crazy how all I can think about is my nasty home and all the other things I need to be doing but I can not because Capri takes up so much of my time. And then on a day that I don't have to be sitting in front of the computer working, or washing dishes, clothes, floors, or toilets....all I can think about is wonder what Capri is doing?! I'm assuming this is totally normal for a mother. I kinda feel guilty because I put my little girl in a "day care" so mommy can relax. But as my husband said..."it is called mother's day out for a reason." So I guess I need to think about it that way, and just know that she is having fun! Please let me know if this is a totally normal conversation to be having in my head!!!!!
Well, it is 1:21pm and I guess I need to be getting up and off to pick up my little one. Back to a noisy house.

Here she is, in the car and ready to get off to school for the first time!

1 comments:

Holly said...

This is totally normal thinking. You have to make a little time for yourself and that's exactly what you did. I hope little Capri likes her time away and is having a great experience.