BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 25, 2009

31 Weeks and two showers around the corner

Today marks my 31st week of being pregnant...which is a week away from 8 months! These past few weeks I have noticed a major difference in her kicking...Wow, what a punch she has! My belly has really started to stick out and take on some major movements as she plays around in there. I just can't explain the experience this has been.
So here we are at the end of September, with less than 2 months left to go, and this weekend I am getting showered with gifts! Saturday I have a shower at my house with all of my girlfriends. I am so excited about this one because I know that it's going to be a blast! Then Sunday, Don's Family is giving me a shower in the afternoon. I can't wait to see all the many gifts that everyone has gotten for our new little baby on the way! Don and I are so blessed to have such great friends and family willing to help out in our lives!
As many of you know that Don and I were not planning on having children for a few more years, so the news of us being pregnant really hit me hard. I have to admit, I really struggled. I struggled with the timing, with our finances, with the size of our home, just asking God why now. I even began to question God, but as we all know..He knows what he is doing. It really took me a while before I could say to myself, God is in control of this..not you Alison! So I stared to pray that God would change my attitude towards this situation. That he would replace my fears, questions, and doubts with excitement, joy, and love. And thank goodness he has started to answer my prayers!

1 comments:

joy said...

Praise God!! I am so thankful that you are beginning to embrace motherhood! it really is great despite all my crazy stories! I would love to walk soon! Your pregnancy has FLOWN by! i have your tea piture still..