BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 19, 2009

38 Weeks and an attitude adjustment

Last week I posted my 37 week post a few days before my next appointment, and then I forgot to let everyone know what the progress was then. We has our ultrasound and baby Capri is weighing in at about 6.8lbs...I know!!! and I was almost 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Just thought I would let everyone know the progression of last week before I went into this weeks appointment.

As you all may know already...I am approaching the end! This week Capri and I are at 38 weeks along and I am ready to be done. I attended the doctors office on Tuesday to hear some really good news... I am at 2.5 cm dilated!!! How exciting is that?! We also learned that I was still 80% effaced, which is what I was last week. So we made some progress in dilating and no progress in effacing. :( Then, as Dr. Newman was checking me, she asked if I would like for her to strip my membranes... this sometimes can help labor along if your body is ready...she said that this could be me into labor within 48 hours, well if my body was ready. So here we are...49 hours after that appointment and still no baby Capri! That has been a little disappointing because I am so ready to have her. Don tries to give me a little encouragement by tell me to think about my pregnancy; how it has been great and I have been really blessed to have not had any problems and to think that I am NOT OVERDUE yet, so there's still time for her to be developing inside my womb. I guess I just need to change my attitude from disappointment to thankfulness.

0 comments: