BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

39 weeks and waiting

Well, Capri and I have made it to the 39 week milestone! And what a milestone it is!!! It's funny how I think back before I was pregnant and remember other women who were pregnant and about to pop saying..."I just can't wait"...and I always thought..."why, they're going to be some much more trouble outside of your stomach!" Hahaha now I can totally understand!

I went to my doctor on Monday and she checked me like she does every week and I have progressed to 3cm dilated :) but I'm still at 80% effaced! The good news is she streched me to 4cm, so at this point we are just waiting on the major contractions to start. I'm thinking that they have to be soon! I did have a small brake down yesterday...trying to weigh out my options on what to do, scared to death that I'm going to go into labor when my doctor is not on call, and trying to decided how much farther do I want to go on my own. All these things just caught up with me. I really, really want to do this on my own and naturally...but I have a friend telling me (she had Dr. Newman as her OBGYN) that if there was a chance that I may not get my doctor, then to have her induce me because she is just that good! Then I have my aunt (who is a nurse) telling me that if I want to go natural...do NOT have her induce me and put me on the pit. "AHHHHHHH" So here I am trying to go on my own, fighting the inducement option and then my doctor tells me that she is not on call Fri-Sun! That made things worse!!! That is what caused the brake down!!! :( What do I do?
I finally called my doctors office and left a message for the nurse to call me back so we could talk about my options. When she called I was telling her how I was feeling and she let me know that Dr. Newman had switched weekends with another doctor and is on call all weekend long!!! Praise God!!! So if I don't go into labor by Monday, then I have an apt at 11:00am that morning and I think we may talk options then!

Please pray for me and the baby...that everything will work out, I'll get my doctor and this will happen on its own time!

0 comments: