BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

23 weeks and a year older!

As most of you know, Don and I just got back from a well needed vacation to the beach. What a great time that was for us to spend some alone time together as seeing this will change in the near future. I did have a little trouble swelling while I was there, but that all went away once we got back to TN. I think it was just the hot weather and the long ride. I have grown, a lot, well it feels like a lot, while I was there. Although, I'm sure it didn't help that I DID NOT watch what I ate while I was there. I thought, "Hey, I'm on vacation! If I want a two scoop ice cream cone, then I'm gonna get it!" Probably not the best thing once I realized I had gotten bigger! HAHA, we'll see how much I have gained this month when I got to the doctor again next Monday.
This week I am 23 weeks, which puts me in my 6 month, according to my What To Expect When You're Expecting book. This month marks the last of the second trimester, which means I'm almost two thirds of the way there. (Which scares the crap out of me!) It also says that little Nation is around 8 inches long and just over a pound in weight and she will begin to pack on the pounds (including me!). HUH! But by the end of the month, baby Nation will be double the weight she is now.
August 2nd was my birthday, and if you know me...then you know that I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!! This year I turned 25, hitting the half-way mark to 30, which I'm not too excited about! But none the less, it was my birthday. So seeing as I felt it was a big deal, Don made arrangements to invite my parents, my brothers family, his parents, his brothers family, and then a few of my friends (which Lori was the only one that was able to come) to go to the Olive Garden (which is my favorite place to eat) on Sunday night. We had a really good time visiting with the whole family together in one room along with their little ones. As I was sitting there I could not help but to thing that next year we would have one of our own, and I'll be turning 26!!! GOSH!! I got a few gifts from the family and then enjoyed an ice cream cake Don had ordered for me when we got home. All around it was a good birthday!

1 comments:

Robin Nation said...

Alison, I just read your blog. I'm so proud to be your Mom n law love you Robin